Are you worth a minute of your own time?

benothing

Traffic Control on your Mind

 

What is going on your mind right now?

Are you reading this blog post and thinking about something else?

What is the true function of mind and does it work for you, or you work for your mind?

These are the questions i keep pondering when ever i get a chance to chit chat with myself. Mind is a beautiful thing and the strongest organ in the human body. 90% of your body is your brain and remaining 10% are the other body parts. You may be cute , smart, strong, weak, tall or short, but it is your mind which is going to decide the heights of your achievements.

What is the true function of mind?

Think about it as a CPU to your computer. It is supposed to analyze the data, sort it is proper order and then order other units to process as per instructions. Now think about an old processing unit, say Pentium 3. The processing speed is down, data is piled up in abundance. Sorting is not proper. What will happen? obviously you can not expect very good results from such situation.

Mind Test

Close your eyes for 30 seconds and try to keep a count of every thought that comes to your mind. Be receptive and don’t try to block any thoughts. People when made to pass through this test will report a crowed place for complete 30 seconds. This crowd is of your thoughts. Vague thoughts running from here to there.

What to do?

While these thoughts are attacking your mind, wait for this one moment, where you experience an emptiness. It will come for sure, but the time of its arrival is uncertain. Keep repeating the test every day, till you start to experience this emptiness much quickly. the crowd is the unsorted data, and this one blank moment is your PEACE. When you are at peace with your self, you will start to control your mind. Its processing speed will increase much more and you will see the difference in your daily working.

What happens if you don’t control your mind?

Mind is a good servant but a bad master. If in order, it will help your world become a better place. But if you let it control your body, then the uncontrollable powers will become destructive.  Result of mind’s reaction on body are your EMOTIONS. Its the Buddha philosophy to be equal to all your thoughts. situation of “No Anger” can be achieved with a state of “No Excitement“.

It does not mean that you stop to enjoy life . It simply means that you look towards the big prospective and not the small picture. That way you can feel the  peace of eternity.

A special ‘Thank You’ to   for reminding us to slow down and listen to our body and mind.

If we can slow down just enough to hear our own intuition, that is underneath all of our random thoughts, and find that moment of peace … it can be a very powerful thing!

If we can all just take a minute to do this, we can better ourselves, our health and our own well-being.

Are you worth a minute of your own time … ?

Thank you again for sharing this great advice with us, it is much appreciated!

To read more great articles from Rishabh Upadhyay please go here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s